VISION & MISSION
Develop Gujarat as a hub of quality and productive human resources by promoting market oriented, technology driven and inclusive skill and entrepreneurship development ecosystem that is in alignment with national vision on skill development.
Directorate of Employment and Training (DET), Government of Gujarat has a mission to
- Provide convergence platform among skilling stakeholders to standardize skilling, promote maximum utilization of resources under common skilling norms.
- Realign existing course curriculum and introduce new courses which are standardized in alignment with changing industry demands and required competencies within and outside national boundaries.
- Improve the quality of training by introducing strong industry exposure and on-the job training for the trainees.
- Strengthen the skill ecosystem in the state through national and global partnerships and cooperation in the areas of technology, knowledge, business and trade.
- Engage and involve private entities and industries in every aspect of skilling namely strategizing, planning, implementation and evaluation of skilling and employment activities.
- Create conducive environment in the state for better job creation through innovative schemes and programs which promotes, incubates, develops and sustains more employment in industries, self-employment and entrepreneurship in the state leading to dynamic and strong economy.